St. Thérèse of Lisieux is a place where all children feel safe and have a sense of belonging. To ensure the safety and well-being of all children, please note below important information from Anaphylaxis Canada:
• Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death;
• Signs and symptoms of a severe allergic reaction can occur within minutes of exposure to an allergen (a substance capable of causing an allergic reaction)
• Very small amounts of certain foods can cause severe reactions when eaten. This may happen if a person at risk touches an allergenic substance and then subsequently touches the mouth. Even a very small amount ‘hidden’ in a food or transferred to a serving utensil has the potential to cause a severe allergic reaction. Direct ingestion of an allergy-causing food poses the greatest risk for people with food allergies.
Cooperation from parent and guardians in adhering to the guidelines below is most appreciated:
• There are students at this school who are allergic to the following foods and items: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Egg, Sesame, Fish, and Shell Fish
• Parents will be advised of allergens specific to a classroom; please avoid bringing these allergens into the designated classroom.
• Reinforce hand washing practices: wash hands before and after eating.
• Remind children not to share or trade food, food utensils, or food containers.
• Please do NOT bring any home-made food products into the school; with permission, non-food items are permitted for various celebrations and special events and activities.
Thank you for your help in keeping all our children safe.